What We Do.
ObjektCare’s primary objective is to preserve and maintain your outdoor artwork. This is part of our commitment both to you and the artists work.
A comprehensive knowledge of both materials and artists techniques gives you the confidence that ObjektCare can handle almost any sculpture related problem. ObjektCare has relationships with many well known contemporary sculptors and works closely with them to ensure sculptures are maintained and repaired according to each sculptors requirements.
ObjektCare Programme – Sculpture Cleaning & Maintenance
ObjektCare provides comprehensive a preventative maintenance programme called the ObjektCare Programme which ensures your sculptures and art objekts are always looking their best – regardless of factors such as:
- Sun and UV damage
- Sal deposits
- Weather events
- Bird droppings
- Human interaction
- Air pollution
Sculptures that have lacked attention for some time may need minor or major repair and restoration work carried out. ObjektCare have a commitment to high quality restorations – whether it be a smaller fix or major restoration that includes stripping and applying a new patina (chemically induced colour applied to a bronze sculpture) to a large sculpture.
General Sculpture & Art Objekt Services
- Installation – ObjektCare can take care of transportation, footing and installation of your sculptures.
- Cataloging and condition reporting – ObjektCare can catalogue and condition report your collection of sculpture and art objekts.
- An ongoing inspection cleaning and preservation service – prevents and protects against the degradation of your sculptures surface from both environmental and human factors.
- Replacement of mounting/installation hardware – bolts, mounts etc
- Re-mounting of sculpture – new concrete footing or plinth.
- Extensive reconditioning and repair work – surface restoration including the removal of major corrosion, repairing cracks and holes, surface restoration, re-patination of bronze
ObjektCare’s foundations began in the South Island of New Zealand. where, over a number of years, co-founder Nate Savill studied the artisanal techniques of a blacksmith and worked with noted sculptors.
Today ObjektCare can provide sculpture cleaning, sculpture repair and sculpture installation services throughout NZ – including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Queenstown, Hamilton (Waikato), Tauranga (Bay of Plenty), Napier/Hastings, Dunedin (Otago), Palmerston North, New Plymouth, Nelson and Rotorua. Feel free to get in touch.
We have maintained, repaired or restored works by renowned sculptors including:
- Henry Moore
- Tony Cragg
- Michael Parekowhai
- Terry Stringer
- Paul Dibble
- Lew Summers
- Andrew Drummond
- Richard Mathieson
- Dion Hitchens
- Martin Selman
- And many others
ObjektCare work with sculptures and art objects made of bronze, brass, copper, stainless steel, aluminium, fibreglass, glass, and ceramics. If you’d like to enquire about engaging us, contact Nate and the team.